Saturday, September 12, 2009

Been thinking back about my life. I guess its always good to think about the past events that happened in your life and evaluate those decisions. Suffice to say, up till date, i have not regretted any decision that i had made. And well, i hope in the years to come, there won't be any decision that i would regret. Over my life, i made 4 decisions that impacted me heavily and here they are in chronological order!

1) My secondary school

During that time when i was still a primary 6 kid, i had no notion of good schools or bad schools. To me, all schools were the same. And i still remembered i was aiming for anderson sec simply because it had a pretty high entrance points. Well, thanks to my tuition teacher at that time, i applied to Victoria School instead, on the premise that VS and VJC were affliated. Hmm, but i think, i still placed Anderson as first choice and VS as second. I guess in a way, thank God that i dint do so well for my PSLE. Ha. If not i would probably ended up in AS instead. Of course, what follows after that is pretty natural. Going to VJC was a very simple choice. Although its an important decision, i felt that if i haven entered VS in the first place, i wont be in VJC. I would probably end up in some poly. Not that poly is bad. But i really enjoyed my time in VJC.

2) CCA

Well, it sure was surprising that i wounded up in band as my CCA. I never was a music person in primary school. Cant read those notes, had absolutely no idea wat key, time signiture and cleft signs. But all i know, was that the band was very impressive. Probably i was still young and had an easily impressionable mind. But heck, i dint wan to join those boring uniform groups and sports wasn my cup of tea. So band it was for me. The initial 2 years were pretty tough on me. Technique wise, i was the lousiest and sort of always got scolded. It was probably at the end of my sec 2 that i somehow improved in leaps and bounds. Which, until now, i have absolutely no idea why. My section mate was telling me that my playin was horrendous in sec 1, but i had suddenly improved so much that i was way better than them. Not to forget, i was pretty tone deaf. So it was in all quite an incredible feat for me. Of course, I rejoined band in VJC, simply cause i thought i need the appeal to enter VJC. But its all good. I got all my best friends from band. So being in VS/VJC band was really God blessings.

3) Uni Course

The next big decision to make was the course to take in university. Well, its big cause its somehow gonna affect the rest of your life on what your gonna do for a living. But maybe to most people who felt that what you do after university doesn't relate to what you have studied might not agree with me. Nevertheless, the course that i took would definitly affect me in a huge way. Since i have decided to take up Accounting, i would probably end up in the Big 4 as an auditor. That would most probably chart the course for the rest of my life. Of course, its still ongoing, but i can forsee the impact to be very great on my life.

4) Being with michelle

The decision to be with michelle probably was the biggest decision and most impactful one for the past 2.5 years. Although i was with her before i got into university, but i had already chosen my course before i knew her, so the chronological order is indeed correct. I have learnt many things from this relationship, grew from this relationship and most importantly, learnt how to appreciate her for who she is in my life. I enjoyed every single moment with her, be it up or down.

So thats it, the 4 most impactful and important decisions in my life. In fact thinking back, I din't plan for any of these to happen. I din't plan to go to VS. It was by luck and chance. I din plan to join band. In fact, i was pretty inclined to join NPCC before school started. I din't plan to join accouting. I wanted to do EEE. But decided not to during the second year in my army. And lastly, i din't plan to be Michelle. She was too young at that time. But i guess, God really works in wonders. I won'nt be where i am now, if i had planned my life and went through with it.

Isaiah 55:8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts,Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD"

No comments: