Alright, just a little update on what's been happening.
Signed my contract with EY as ITRA. Apparently the job scope is IT audit. The advisory stuff will come in in the later part of the career. Pay is miserable. Received a call from them however, that they will be revising the pay upwards. Hope to hear the good news soon, and hope its not a misery $50. I'm expected $100, but if they can match KP $200 then it would be even better.
So given the change in direction, I would hope to stay for 5 years in EY. Just so that I can obtain my CPA and CISA. I guess CAD would have to wait and Forensic Audit would probably be even further out of my reach. We shall see how things go in the future. If possible, staying on and becoming a partner would seems to be a great idea.
School been the same. Slacked through the whole of the first 2 weeks citing add drop excuse. Have to pick up my readings. Probably this week have to start. Else will fall behind too badly. BS803 is super bullshit. Went for the lecture at 2:25, but to my horrors, the lecture theater was completely full. So full that people have to sit on the floor, to the point where there is no space to stand in the lecture hall. Have to skip it, and to top it off, there was a 4 hours break before the lecture.
Been taking up quite a number of roles in my church. Took up assistant treasurer. So now I have to look at the accounts. Still new at looking through the accounts, but i hope to be able to get used to it ASAP. In addition, I'm in charge of organising the 10th anniversary program for the youth. Which is a huge program, so hope that all goes well for me this year. This would really be a very hectic year it seems.
Been watching on some random drama. Big Bang Theory is amazingly funny. Regretted not watching earlier. It's probably the only comedy drama that i would not mind watching it again. Its short, to the point, and funny. After which i picked up fringe, the more serious version of Big Bang Theory. Which was not bad by itself. And each episode is a different case, as such, it does not feel as though the whole series is being very draggy, in the sense that there's a suitable ending to each episode.
I guess, thats all for the update.
No comments:
Post a Comment