Work in sentosa yesterday can be summed up in this enquiry/complaint email to MOM.
Hi,
I was employed by an event company named Eureka. The agreement was via sms where the job details were 9am-10pm at Sentosa and verbally on the phone where the job description was on running funfair stations. Most of the employees were 18-24 males.
However, during the job, dinner was not provided, and we only had 30 minutes for lunch at around 2pm. Furthermore, we were told that we need to handle their logistics which include carrying very heavy items. And also required to unload them at their warehouse somewhere in Aljunied area.
I felt that they have breached their agreement, considering the job location mentioned was only in Sentosa, and also the work ended up 10:45pm whereas the pay remains the same. And basic welfare was not provided as dinner was not only not provided, we were also not able to have our own meal break and were expected to work till 10+ pm.
Thus, I would like to enquire what action can I take against this company? Is there a way to prevent this company from exploiting young workers again? Please advice. Many thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment