Results were out.
To those who were in the know, managed to graduate.
To those who were in more of the know, obtained my second uppers.
Ever since my O level days, this is probably the only time that I attained what I set out to achieve. Wanted 8 points for O levels but got 10 instead. Wanted 4 As for A levels but got 3 instead. And thus i decided to lower the bar and just aim for Second Uppers.
Truth be told, scoring in my course is not difficult. I had some bad luck and good luck. Modules that were suppose to get A end up B and modules that were suppose to be B end up A. Woe to me though, the former happens more frequent than the latter.
Pretty much of my friends are in the first class category though. Of course, that doesn't really affect me. Somehow, at the end of the day, they are the one coming to me in clarifying concepts. This really goes to show that our education system is really quite screwed up and getting good grades is not the best measure of a person's abilities. Of course, its a litmus test which simplifies life. Then again, this is why banks requires candidates to go through their own constructed numerical and verbal reasoning test. And this is also why my first class honors friend can fail 3 times while I breezed through them all.
Ok, maybe I'm just bluffing my way through, putting up a false front on my lack of first class honors. But i seriously don't care. I rather spend the senseless time dotaing than mugging. Of course my friends were able to land upon 4.5k a month job while im stuck receiving half of what they are getting. But hey, money ain't everything. And I don't believe I'm up for that sort of responsibility and level yet. After all, for every dollar they pay you, you would be expected to generate 100 more. That's just business.
So I guess. Thats the end of my formal education. Next goal would be CPA and CISA. And I might consider Masters. Depending on how things would go in my life.
Onward to next phase. Quite apprehensive about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment