Just a update on a few things.
Had my very first week of work. Quite a roller coaster ride.
First day was just getting into clearing the administrative stuffs and knowing everyone else. Met up with the senior thats going to be on the same engagement as me for the next half of year. Of course, the funny thing is that the engagement is super understaffed. Its just going to be the both of us doing everything. But another senior is going to help out as and when he can. So I hope that all is fine and ok.
Second day, met the client in their office. And had lunch with them. Treat by my own company. 9 course lunch really can put you to sleep at the later part of the day. After which, training in Singapore Pools. The whole idea is to audit the number of people winning and the total winning prize money tallies with what they have. Sounds fun, but totally boring process.
Alas, fate would have led me to lose my pass right after 2 days of work. Woe is me. But I was able to reclaim it in the fourth day.
Third day, I was doing the official work as my senior walk through some of the stuffs with me. It wasn't that difficult per se. Its not that technical too. But its just... Too.. IT.. Ok fine, I'm in IT advisory. But still.. It just feels weird. Like I have turned 1 big round and went back into the IT industry once again.
The last two days of the week were probably the same thing. Doing the work.
And of course, I wondered if this is the industry that i really want to go to. I'm not really sure now..
But I'll stick to my plan. 3 years CPA. 5 years CISA. Afterwhich, I may got CAD for forensic, or I might decide my next path in my career.
Unless the job is really SO horrible. Then I guess I would have no other choice..
No comments:
Post a Comment